[... via the blog herald, 66% Internet readers ignore when they are on a BLOG that what they are reading is finally a so-called BLOG.]
This site is slightly different from a common web site, it's just a BLOG !
- A BLOG is made up of POSTS published at author's own rate. Some people publish over 15 posts a day, a real job !
- POSTS are usually sorted out as a lifo (last in first out) list.
- Most blogs enable the readers to leave COMMENTS at the end of posts. Readers can thereby 'contribute' to the blog's publishing (maybe one of the main difference comparing to the rest of other web sites).
- Bear some of the blog's terrific jargon in mind:
- Trackback: forget about it unless you decide to start your own blog, in that case you know more about it than me.
- FEEDS/RSS/Atom/XML/: basically you can READ POSTS directly from a AGGREGATOR READER which needs the 'blogs addresses' to monitor your selection. The great news is that all these 'elitist/boring geek stuffs' will finally be back soon under the hood and not before !
That's all folks, it's nothing to make a fuss about.